How to Get Rid of Termites?
Termites are vicious pests that will ruin your house and furniture if you the issue untreated. The best example we can make to explain how termites can destroy your property is by the example of rabbits burrow, termites infect and eat on your house from inside like a rabbit digs its burrow; termites operate under the surface of the infected wood. And this is one of the main reasons a lot of people do not realize that their house is infected by termites. There are few indication that you should be looking out for and deal with immediately when you suspect an infection.
- The paint coating of you house is bubbly or cracked.
- Your furniture feels a lot lighter than it should be.
- There are mud tubes all over your walls.
There are five different types of termite that you need to know about; Cone head termites, Damp wood termites, Dry wood termites, Formosan termites, subterranean termites. When you have determined which type of termite has infected your house, there are a couple of different methods you can use to get rid of them.
- Set up a termite trap: termites feed on cellulose, you can set a trap of wet cardboard (cardboard is full of cellulose) then when cardboard is fully infected by termites just remove the cardboard and burn it. This is a temporary fix for getting rid of termites.
- Use nematodes to get rid of termites: you can use this natural method to rid your property of termites, Nematodes feed on the termites to get energy and they do it quite quick, you leave them in place infected with termites and in the next 48 hours the termites will be gone.
- Leave infected objects in direct sun: if any of your furniture is infected, put it under direct sunlight. Termites love the dark and can’t stand the sunlight. Using this method will kill off the termites in 3 or 4 days.
- Freeze them: there is another way to get rid of termites, they cannot survive bright sunlight or extreme cold temperature. If your furniture is infected, try freezing it in a freezer to kill them.
- Get professional help: if you have tried everything and still failed to free yourself of termites then you should try getting professional help, they use chemical products to kill off all the termites that have infected your house.
The best way to prevent termite infection is to always look out for signs of termite infection to deal with it in its early stages. Prevention is always better than treatment or cure. Take all of the precautions to prevent your house and your furniture from getting infected.